Monday 21 June 2010

It takes 10 years to become an overnight success !

I heard that saying on a documentary and I love it, just goes to show how long people have dreams for before anything comes of them, and that is how I feel at the moment, I have been making and selling things for just over 10 years and it is only this year that I have had success with magazines contacting me to provide projects etc and it is slowly building as I have another one to do for around christmas time and hopefully more will follow...

I can't believe it has been weeks and weeks since my last post ! but I have been so busy making stuff and you know I don't like posting anything without pictures... so here are a few of the things I have been working on and will be on Etsy soon, I have lots of days booked off over the next few weeks so I will be working on my business like crazy and posting more regularly than I have been....









So I have been making loads of new beads, jewellery, artworks, altered art and I have put together a journal project which I am going to sell passwords to special blog where it shows you how to make certain projects and you get materials sent to you to use in the project...these will be for sale on Etsy once I sort out the pictures, video and instructions... I will post it here when I am done, I am also putting together projects for kids too with goody bags..

I have made a special 'Alice in wonderland' bracelet and a necklace of old skool sweets ! so fun to do !! and will be on sale soon as I get them up...















2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy for you, Juliet! I love your work, it all makes me smile. I'm sure you're well on your way to your crafty empire! :) – g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zowie-wowie- you have been a busy bee!! I love your canvas art and the new jewelry!!! Love that rocket ship bracelet!!! I'm so happy for you, I know you're really going to make your artsy dreams come true this year!
    xoxo
    ~m

    ReplyDelete