Monday 1 December 2008

Day 1 !

Ok, first daily blog.. today I have been a little distracted which is annoying because I have a lot to do and can't seem to get it together even though I have been overflowing with ideas these past few days, I am still up at 11.18pm here writing this and watching Along came Polly ! love that film, I feel I'm a bit like her but mostly like Michelle Pfeiffer in Frankie and Johnny that is so me, like my art styles and methods I am a complete collage of totally different things myself and sometimes I am not sure who I really am as a person because there are so many different bits to me...sorry getting a bit deep there so here are some pics of what I have been doing today, making more birds in a vintage colour scheme and making a miniature dress as well as finishing the coloured birds. You can't really see but the natural birds are different textures and fabrics, linen, cotton, velvet etc and I am going to embellish them with ribbon, crystals and maybe some embroidery.





2 comments:

  1. I love the birds! Bright pastels with black accents -- that's my own ubiquitous color scheme, so it's no wonder I'm drawn to them. How do you display the miniature dress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think as artists we ARE a mix of a LOT of different things- I feel the same way! Maybe it's not that we can't figure out who we are we are just WAY more complex than "normal people"- haha!!
    Cute, cute stuff!! I've added you to my blog also :)

    ReplyDelete