Thursday 27 November 2008

Does anyone read my blog ?

Hello, okay I never really intended this blog to be a diary of my life but just of my creativity and projects that I do. I have taken the next few days off from my soul destroying job to make lots of stuff for my Christmas Etsy fair in London on saturday the 6th December, but I have to have a little moan just to release some tension as I normally keep my true emotions or feelings about things to myself and I really don't want to turn my blog into a moan but I HATE MY JOB, I work in a bank and I can't cope anymore I don't want to get another job for the sake of it, I want to get a job in the creative sector I have been to art college etc and I just cannot find a job in any bit of it.
I want to teach classes and write books but I have only the weekends really as I am out of the house for 12 hours at least a day, up at 5.30am and go to bed at 12pm as I can't not do any artwork in the evening at all as it is the only thing keeping me going so I would rather go to bed late to do some and be tired than not at all.....and sometimes I don't know whether I should
update this blog regularly as I don't know if anyone reads it at all unless they leave a message for me ( thanks to you who do and lisa and chinamommy).

I am 30 and single which I am happy with but sometimes gets me down a bit late at night when you think a bit too much and although I am only 30 I have been thinking about how I am wasting my life and that I am going to die one day and just not be here anymore which is really freaky when you think about it and is a bit morbid and only happens late at night (doesn't stop me sleeping, nothing does I'm lucky like that) .. Ok, that's enough freaking out, sorry if that was a bit weird I am fine just wanted to rant a bit, so back to normality...

Hello anyone at all who reads this here is my new range of stuff that I am quite excited about and will be selling at my christmas fair, I have been working on ideas for absolutely ages and have notebooks filled with hundreds of sketches etc.. that I do at work or on the train and then when I get a magazine normally Somerset Studios I find it amazing how other crafters have the same ideas for example the cakes although my are quite bright there are ones similar in Cloth paper and scissors magazine, but here are some pics..

A lot of this is going to be on etsy and some already is...

Still keeping in touch with the vintage feel..






I have put this in because I thought it was gorgeous, I have a members card for Liberty's in London and this came in the post yesterday it is a discount offer etc and the design is fab it is all vintage circus and wonderful artwork and has inspired me to make a few things....


These are just a few of the new books I have bought in the last month and they are all brilliant..

I have decided to get into sewing a bit more and am going to make some fabric versions of my signature birds, some fabric versions of the cakes and some quilts, fabric journals and some more stitching in my art and I have lots of ideas for shadow boxes which I will post as soon as they are done which I hope will be while I am off work...

I have also put more pictures of my room up with my new purchases, my christmas projects are going to be very bright colourful and fun..



I love these threads that I bought they are fab colours and have a wonderful sheen to them !


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the rant -- I always enjoy a good rant from someone else, because it distracts me from the one going in my own head most of the time. I just told my husband tonight that I am tired of doing art shows and maybe I should just get a real job -- I love working in art and am so lucky to have the opportunity to do so (my daughter graduated from art school 5 years ago and still can't find an art job! You're not alone) but I hate the selling part of it. I just don't like that at all. Probably won't help you feel better, but I thought I'd give you the other side of the rant from Minnesota. Your work looks really wonderful. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to know someone else hates there job, but plugs along because switching it wouldn't solve the overall issue. Not that I wish it on anyone, but I am at the same place, only 10 years older and not seeing it change. Hang it there, keep pursuing your dream and make it happen to inspire the rest of us!!

    Love all the colors of fabric and thread you picked up. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi came your way throught Scrap Scene. Love your work, it is so colorful. I feel the same as you except 14 years older. I didn't consider what I do as art until recently. When I don't get to craft I am so stressed. Rant all you want how else can you get rid of those feelings. Tahke care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe think about part-time work - not necessarily doing something you love, just something to pay the bills, & give you more time to do the things you love. Don't give up your dreams!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Juliet! I LOVE your little cupcakes! So, so pretty. I also love reading your blog. Hang in there, you will figure it out. At least you can take off a few days to get some things done, maybe you will head back to work re-charged! No matter what, keep working on art, I love seeing your things :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are feeling better... you are NOT alone in those feelings! A few years ago i was selling CARPET (they tricked me by saying they needed a "designer") & married to a NUT job (& I do mean a NUT!!)now here i am- staying home, married to a WONDERFUL guy & doing art & wishing it were selling-instead of filling my art room! Change is always around the corner. I love to repeat this when i need a change- "if you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you always got"....
    there are great things around the corner for you!!
    email me: amisschell@yahoo.com if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete